Senior Software Engineer - Fullstack
Germany, Berlin, BerlinEngineering
Who we are:
We are a young team with a mission to become the zero-waste online supermarket you love. We combine sustainability and practicality to address one of the biggest waste problems of our time: plastic packaging. We deliver groceries to your door with our cargo e-bike fleet. To achieve zero-waste, we use our own system of reusable refill-glasses (“Pfand”). We are launched in two cities Berlin and Munich and our goal is clear: become the #1 zero-waste Farm-to-Fork platform in Europe.
We are backed by amazing impact-minded investors and are assembling a team who believe in the same mission. Join us.
We are looking for a talented full-stack developer to join our amazing engineering team at alpakas. This year only we managed already to go live with a few major projects: our cool alpakas mobile app, newly designed website, while building a new backend to support it all.
You’ll apply your existing knowledge on new challenges to shape the future of zero-waste grocery deliveries.
We are looking for people who want to grow and make their team better along the way. So even if you don’t tick all the boxes, but think you’d thrive in this role, we would really like to learn more about you.
In this role, you’ll get to:
- Be part of our new cross functional Engineering Team - in this role you define and start to design our own tech stack
- Work closely with our Head of Engineering and develop our voice to our partners (customers, suppliers, communities) based on clear communication and a customer first mindset
- Develop and support software including mobile and web applications, with a modern tech stack using the latest cloud infrastructure tools
- Setup a headless eCommerce environment together with Product, Design and our experienced developers
What we are looking for:
- You have 5+ years of significant experience as a developer
- You live an open and constructive error culture
- You are a great team player that enjoys sharing knowledge within the team
- You are able to develop high performant and pragmatic solutions
- You are experienced with Node.js and Postgres databases for backend related projects (Nest.js is a plus)
- You feel good using GraphQL to connect our backend and Product Information Management (PIM) with multiple applications
- You have worked with cloud services (AWS is a plus)
- You have experience in testing software with unit, integration and end-to-end tests
- You like writing clean and modular code strong engineering principles and standards
- You support the vision of zero-waste grocery delivery and turn this vision into a reality
- You love personal exchange and would come to the office 1-2 days a week
We support a flexible hybrid work environment, so everyone can choose to work from home or from the office. Because we are still a small startup, currently we cannot offer remote work contracts from other locations outside of Germany. So, we are looking for people located in Berlin or nearby.
We embrace and welcome diversity. It’s important to us to create an inclusive workplace - we are looking for someone to join our team regardless of their race, national origin, color, caste, social origin or position, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability, political opinion, marital status or any other characteristic. We encourage everyone to reach out so we can get to know each other!