Data Scientist - Operational Role
Germany, Berlin, BerlinProduct
Who we are:
We are a young team with a mission to become the zero-waste online supermarket you love. We combine sustainability and practicality to address one of the biggest waste problems of our time: plastic packaging. We deliver groceries to your door with our cargo e-bike fleet. To achieve zero-waste, we use our own system of reusable refill glasses (“Pfand”). We are launched in two cities, Berlin and Munich, and our goal is clear: become the #1 zero-waste Farm-to-Fork platform in Europe.
We are backed by amazing impact-minded investors and are assembling a team who believes in the same mission. Join us.
As DataScientist you'll work on keeping up the current dashboard infrastructure and our forecasting algorithm. This is a real hands-on job. You’ll apply your existing knowledge to new challenges to shape the future of zero-waste grocery deliveries.
We are looking for people who want to grow and make their team better along the way. So even if you don’t tick all the boxes but think you’d thrive in this role, we would really like to learn more about you.
In this role, you’ll get to:
- Work with multiple teams such as marketing, operations, tech
- Maintain and improve our daily forecasting algorithm
- Help out with ad-hoc dashboard requests from marketing, operations, management
- Constantly revisit the required performance for our data (real-time, day+1, on-request)
- Have a direct impact on the customer experience
- Ensure that our data pipelines and dashboards are up and running
What we are looking for:
- You have 2+ years of significant experience as a Data Scientist
- You live an open and constructive culture
- You are a great team player that enjoys sharing knowledge within the team
- You have experience with statistical programming languages like Python and database query languages like SQL
- You´ll work with Snowflake, Fivetran, DBT which are also easy learn
- You have Experience with integrating and analyzing data from 3rd party providers: Google Analytics, Firebase, Facebok insights, CRM tools ...
- You worked with BI tools such as Tableau, Power BI, ...
- You are proficient in scripting and coding
- You have killer investigation skills to ensure daily data availability
- You love automation and are able to use it daily to improve processes
- You know how to use monitoring and alerting tools effectively
We embrace and welcome diversity. It’s important to us to create an inclusive workplace - we are looking for someone to join our team regardless of their race, national origin, color, caste, social origin or position, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability, political opinion, marital status or any other characteristic. We encourage everyone to reach out so we can get to know each other!